Cycling Holidays in France
French Cycling Holidays
in the beautiful Lot & Dordogne.
Relax in our idyllic, away-from-it-all location and explore hidden France at
a leisurely pace. Our friendly hospitality invites you to
unpack, unwind & enjoy the ride!
Special offer - up to 20% reduction on some tours!
See The Dates
- We are in a fantastic location; between the beautiful and unspoilt Lot and Dordogne Valleys in sunny southwest France - which means wonderful, easy-paced, relaxed cycling and amazing sightseeing.
- You'll stay in our charming, beautifully renovated and very comfortable 18th century, barn for your whole holiday - so no need to pack your suitcase every day and move on!
- You'll enjoy our excellent hospitality and fabulous food and wine. Every evening your delicious 4 course dinner is freshly prepared from seasonal, local produce, and accompanied by plentiful, great wine.
There are no single supplements on any of our cycling holidays.Couples, groups and single travellers are all welcome.
- We are the owners and your hosts for all cycling holidays. We pride ourselves on our excellent personal service and we care that you have a great time!
- We do all the planning and organisation for you and provide lots of fun, laughter and relaxation in great company - so just unpack, unwind and enjoy the ride!
We hope you'll come and join us soon!
John and Aileen Despard
Escape from the rest of the world into a tranquil tapestry of quiet country lanes, fields of whispering barley and meadows full of wild flowers in every hue.
Cycle along quiet river valleys winding your way past the abundant vineyards and through pretty, sleepy villages where every pale stone house is adorned with pots of bright geraniums.
Meander through shady green woods where the sunlight plays magically through the leafy canopy, providing welcome respite from the bright, hot sunshine.
The Lot Valley, Vistas and Villages French Cycling Holiday provides the opportunity to explore this beautiful and unspoilt area of France. The Lot is one of the largest and least populated departments and so offers you an immediate escape to peaceful surroundings and quiet, virtually traffic-free roads that are a pleasure to cycle.On this tour you stay with us for your whole holiday - so you can relax, unpack and unwind from the moment you arrive.
The cycling is fairly gentle with plenty of long, quiet stretches along valley roads. There are some hills, but these are well worth the climb for the amazing panoramic views from the top across the wide open landscapes.
From lush river valley to gently rolling countryside, to shady green forest and rocky limestone causse, our routes sweep the meandering and undulating quiet back roads to reveal amazing new vistas around every bend.
The Lot & Dordogne Discovery Bike Tour invites you to explore both the beautiful sweeping landscapes of the Lot, including the serpentine Lot Valley, and the rugged and dramatic cliffs, valleys, castles and caves of the magical Dordogne - land of history, mystery and legend.
On this tour you stay with us for your whole holiday - so you can relax, unpack and unwind from the moment you arrive.
Immerse yourself in the French country lifestyle...slow down and enjoy wonderful food and wine!
You will visit spectacular Rocamadour, 12th century pilgrimage site which perches dramatically among the high rocky cliffs above the valley below. This tour also includes the majestic chateaux of Beynac and Castelnaud on the banks of the River Dordogne and the beautiful village of St Cirq Lapopie sitting high above the River Lot, as well as the mediaeval town of Sarlat with its busy market and winding streets.The cycling has some fairly gentle stretches along the valley roads but there are also some more challenging routes with a few more hills to climb!
This tour is slightly harder than our Lot Valley tour, but achievable for anyone with a good level of fitness.
Lot Cycling Holidays © 2007 - 2013
Mas de Flory
All images are the property of Lot Cycling Holidays or individuals who have been on our cycling holidays or wine tours. All rights reserved.